Hurley Palmer Flatt Group becomes HDR
HDR | Hurley Palmer Flatt Group will become HDR, further to its acquisition in June 2019.
The change in name marks a milestone in the successful integration between HDR and Hurley Palmer Flatt Group (comprising Hurley Palmer Flatt, Andrew Reid, Bradbrook Consulting and Concentre Consulting). It also signifies the global expansion of leading-edge service offerings and locations. The respected legacy of Hurley Palmer Flatt is fully encompassed within the HDR global structure, with the original leadership team now responsible for more regions and broader remits.
“The full integration of the HDR brand is a welcome landmark in what has been a fantastic journey, as the synergy between the businesses is being fully realised,” said Paul Flatt, Group President, Building Engineering Services (BES) at HDR.
The HDR name and the brand values it represents – listening to our clients, pushing boundaries, assembling the right experts for every project – have informed the way we have been practicing engineering for more than 50 years.
Today, through its BES group, HDR can provide Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health; structural and civil engineering; commissioning; sustainability; cyber security and SMART strategies for cities and buildings in diverse markets. These include:
Civic and Cultural
Corporate (office) and Commercial
Hospitality (Hotel, Leisure & Entertainment)
Technology, Media, Telecoms and Data
Urban Design & Development
The firm’s geographic reach now also encompasses Europe, the United States and Canada, Germany, Australia, the Middle East, Hong Kong and China.
A robust and experienced leadership team retains the expertise from Hurley Palmer Flatt Group, alongside strategic additions to support and grow the business, as outlined below: (listed alphabetically)
– Floriano Ferreira, Director of Building Data Management
– Adrian Gray, Market Sector Director, Commercial (Offices) and Corporate Sector
– James O’Byrne, EMEA Client Services Director
– Mike O’Mahony, Director of Commissioning
– Richard Papworth, Director of Structures
– Paul Roche, Director of Operations for APAC and EMEA
– Paul Scriven, Director of Energy & Sustainability
– Andrew Tate, Market Sector Director, Finance Sector
– Robert Thorogood, TMT Client Services Director
– Matthew Voaden – Market Sector Director, Hotels, Leisure and Entertainment Sector
– Garry Wall – APAC Regional Director, Building Engineering Services
– Richard Whitaker, EMEA Regional Director, Building Engineering Services
This global Building Engineering Services business group also includes HDR colleagues in North America (USA and Canada):
– Jeff Blank, Market Sector Director, TMT Sector
– Dave Kurten, East Region, North America Director, BES
– Andy Yosten, Central Region, North America Director, BES
– Jared Reiter, West Region, North America Director, BES
“The Building Engineering Services practice has been in operation for a year now, and we have built upon the existing achievements of Hurley Palmer Flatt Group within the market and made significant progress, exceeding key targets in many areas,” Flatt said. “We continue to work with global tech giants and major property corporations across 26 countries, which is a testament to all our staff. My team and I look forward to continued success with HDR.”