WORKTECH Madrid will be returning on 10th October with another insightful conference on the future of work and the workplace. In partnership with Aguirre Newman, the event will take place at Castellana 81 – a landmark in Madrid’s modern cityscape that looks to the future as a symbol of sustainability, accessibility and technology.
We will welcome international and local thought leaders to the audience and stage for a uniquely-focused event covering the future of the workplace, global workplace innovation, corporate accelerators and much more. The event is a fabulous international forum and a powerful meeting of minds that has become a ‘must attend’ for corporate decision makers. There will be world class speakers and fantastic opportunities to network with companies and individuals at the height of innovation.
- Bricks: Physical spaces
- Bytes: Workplace innovation and technology
- Behaviour: Changing the way we work
Confirmed speakers include:
- Martha Thorne, Dean, IE School of Architecture and Executive Director, Pritzker Architecture Prize
- Ulrich Blum, Associate, Zaha Hadid Architects
- Colin Macgadie Chief Creative Officer BDG architecture + design
- Juan Antonio, Head of Tecnilogica, Accenture
- Marco Maria Pedrazzo, Business Development Coordinator, Carlo Ratti Associati
- Key Portilla Kawamura, Creative Entrepreneur and Co-Founder, Studio Banana
- Ali Ganjavian, Creative Entrepreneur and Co-Founder, Studio Banana
- Philip Ross, Founder and CEO of Cordless Consultants and UnGroup
- Sandra Romain, Organisation and HR Director, Aguirre Newman
- Ayesha Khanna, CEO and Co-Founder of ADDO AI
- Michelle Kelleher, EMEA Real Estate & Facilities Manager, Airbnb
- Oliver Heath, Founder, Oliver Heath Design and Biophilic Design ambassador for Interface
Topics for WORKTECH17 Madrid include:
- Spaces with feelings: Martha Thorne will discuss the impact of change management in the physical space and how workspaces are developing in the city. In a city that is increasingly transforming its architecture, Martha will provide her expert view on how Madrid is adapting to the future of work and the workplace.
- New mixed-use developments: BDG Architects will present a case study of The WPP Group Companies who are consolidating and relocating to one building in the centre of the city. The project comprises of a full strip out and refurbishment from shell with new build additions to create a mixed-use development. Media House will place a premium on open spaces for collaborative working, socialising and creating a high level of energy and buzz.
- The App Centric Workplace: Philip Ross will explore the new digital workplace. With apps everywhere, both in life and in work, apps are transforming the way people work. We explore they opportunities and threats faced by organisations as they embrace this trend
- The Science and Style of Biophilic Design: Oliver Heath discusses new research that demonstrates how we can harness the human attraction to nature to reduce stress and aid recuperation by utilising Biophilic design principles.
- Happy Spaces: Key Portilla Kawamura and Ali Ganjavian will discuss the importance of workplaces adapting to employee needs and ways of working. With fast-paced work lives, millennials’ expectations and new creative roles we need to create spaces that engage communities to be comfortable and happy at work and to become more productive.
- Co-Working with Airbnb: Where next for co-workOne of the best companies to work in the world has moved its HQ is Spain to a Co-Working space in Barcelona. Cloud Coworking and Airbnb will showcase the relocation project and how they transform the space to fit their company values.
The evening prior to the event we will host WORKTECH Lounge, the social highlight of WORKTECH17 Madrid. The event will take place on 9th October at Bisley’s new showroom in the smart district of Salamanca, an area popular with architectural and design practices. This informal event invites you to come along and network without time restraints, connect with experts on the future of work and the workplace and share insight on the key themes for WORKTECH Madrid including bricks, bytes and behaviour. All registered attendees and speakers will be invited to the lounge.
For more information on the topics and speakers, or to request a press pass, please contact: [email protected]
WORKTECH Madrid is organised by UNWIRED, a leading research and events company, looking at the impact that emerging technologies will have on work and the work place, the retail sector, and the property sector. UNWIRED organises cutting-edge conferences, executive briefings, symposia and exhibitions. From WORKTECH to practical briefings on workplace sustainability, the future of wireless, and agile working, UNWIRED brings together senior professionals and thought-leaders for unsurpassed learning and networking opportunities.
Social Media Twitter: https://twitter.com/unwired LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/1786061 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UnwiredVentures YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/WorkTechTV